June 17, 2021: Maryland State of Emergency Update. Click Here
April 29, 2021: Following a thorough safety review including two meetings of the CDC's ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices), the FDA and the CDC have determined on 4/23/21 that use of the Janssen/J&J COVID-19 vaccine should resume. Remedi, FutureCare's long-term care pharmacy will resume the COVID-19 vaccination program with the single-dose J&J/Janssen COVID vaccine. For more information on the J&J vaccine Click Here
April 13, 2021: Resident and Family update on the J&J vaccine. Click Here
April 6, 2021: Resident and Family update regarding visiting, vaccination, and staying safe. Click Here.
March 12, 2021: Resident and Family update regarding the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) revised visitation guidance for nursing homes. Click Here.
You can find the full, revised guidelines about visitation by Clicking Here.
* Beginning in March of 2020, this page contained frequent updates on Covid-19 restrictions, testing, and protocol. You can access the comprehensive status updates archived here.
We know many of you have a wide range of questions regarding COVID-19 and this link from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will provide you with accurate, up-to-date information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html. We believe this is your best source of information for a number of topics, so feel free to check back regularly.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
• Practice hand hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub
• Don't touch your face with unwashed hands; it's the easiest way for germs to enter your body
• Practice other good health habits – get plenty of sleep; stay active; manage your stress; drink plenty of fluids; and eat nutritious food
• Avoid large crowds and practice social distancing
The coronavirus pandemic is causing increased stress and anxiety for all of us. The Mental Health Association of Maryland is curating a list of trusted resources to help you take care of your mental health during this difficult time. Learn more here: mhamd.org/coronavirus
Understanding the Risks and Prevention of Coronavirus
How Is Pandemic Flu Different from Seasonal Flu?