The BreatheStrong program by FutureCare was developed in partnership with pulmonologists from Baltimore's top hospitals, who advise and consult with our team regarding your care. Our in house respiratory team collaborates with these specialists as well as our in house physicians, nurses, physical, speech and occupational therapists, dietitians, and others to determine what steps can be taken to expedite your recovery and optimize your health.
This interdisciplinary approach, coupled with carefully designed pulmonary risk reduction strategies, helps improve your well-being both during your stay, as well as following your discharge.
Pulmonary rehabilitation program features:
- Short-term care option for patients with chronic respiratory disease.
- Interdisciplinary care managed by pulmonologist, nurse practitioner, respiratory therapists, physical, occupational and speech therapists, physiatrist, dietitian, social workers and pharmacist.
- Inpatient services provided 7 days per week.
- Focus on symptom reduction by optimizing breathing techniques.
- Reduced re-admissions to hospital for pulmonary recurrences.
- Individualized care plans to improve endurance and reduce reliance on oxygen.