FutureCare’s Short Stay Rehabilitation program is designed to provide state-of-the-art, comprehensive clinical and rehabilitation services and support to those who are recovering from a stroke, orthopedic surgery, cardiac surgery or other complex medical procedures. FutureCare’s team of expert and licensed physical and occupational therapists, and speech language pathologists, offer therapy services seven days per week, at all 12 locations.
Short stay rehabilitation services at FutureCare combine progressive technology such as virtual reality, electrical stimulation and diathermy machines, along with strong fundamental rehabilitation techniques. Together, these approaches create an individualized treatment plan that is unique for each patient. The average length of stay is between two and three weeks.
With the mindset that “therapy is art based on science,” some key components of FutureCare’s Short Stay Rehabilitation program are as follows:
- Physician and nurse practitioner managed model, making treatment and care for patients with high acuity levels possible.
- Expert, licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists, available 7 days per week.
- Clinical support provided by geriatric nursing assistants.
- In-house respiratory therapy services.
- Individualized plan of care developed for each patient based on personal needs and goals.
- Focus on transitional care with emphasis on return to home.
- Wound care rounds and treatment oversight by board-certified vascular physicians.
- Electronic medical records.
- Wireless internet service at all locations.