FutureCare offers a state-of-the-art, comprehensive orthopedic rehabilitation program known as WalkStrong. We provide physical, occupational and speech therapy to patients who are recovering from fractures, hip or knee replacements, spinal injuries and other traumatic incidents that impact strength, balance and mobility.
The program is available seven days per week at all 14 FutureCare locations, and provides each patient with an individualized clinical pathway plan of care, promoting the return to independence and home, as quickly and safely as possible. Patient benefits include:
- Reduce likelihood of a hospital readmission
- Improve your functional abilities
- Gain greater independence
- Improve your quality of life
- Reduce your symptoms
Those who participate in FutureCare’s orthopedic rehabilitation program known as WalkStrong, have access to progressive technology through state-of-the-art equipment like the Alter G, anti-gravity treadmill, and the biodex balance retraining equipment. This innovative, therapeutic technology helps patients maximize function and expedite recovery.
Many patients will focus on exercises that will ultimately improve their strength, range of motion and balance, to facilitate independence with walking and activities of daily living. Families are encouraged to be engaged and part of the healing process, which helps smooth the transition back to home, as patients are discharged.
Some key factors that set FutureCare’s orthopedic rehabilitation program apart are:
- WalkStrong is offered seven days per week by in-house therapists.
- Multidisciplinary approach to care, with treatment plans managed by physicians, physiatrists, nurse practitioners, therapists and dieticians.
- Experience treating medically complex patients who also have orthopedic issues.
- Electronic medical records and wireless internet utilities.
Our team of experienced professionals work together to optimize your orthopedic health:
- Consulting Orthopedist Medical Director
- Consulting Physiatrist
- Attending Physician
- Full-time Respiratory Therapists
- Care Navigator
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- 24-hour clinical leadership
- 24-hour skilled nursing
- Rehabilitation Therapists – Physical, Occupational and Speech
- Social services
- Case Managers
- Certified Recreation Director